1. Area of Dogsmead in square yards.
5. Age of Farmer Dunk's daughter, Martha.
6. Difference between length and breadth (in
yards) of Dogsmead.
7. Number of Roods in Dogsmead times 9 down.
8. Date (year) when Little Piggley came into
occupation of the Dunks.
10. Farmer Dunk's age.
11. Year of birth of Mary, Farmer Dunk's youngest.
14. Perimeter in yards of Dogsmead.
15. Cube of Dunk's walking speed in miles per
16. 15 across minus 9 down.
1. Value of Dogsmead in shillings per acre.
2. Square of Mrs. Grooby's age.
3. Mary's age.
4. Value of Dogsmead in English pounds.
6. Age of Dunk's first-born, Ed, who will be
twice as old as Mary next year.
7. Square of the number of yards which is the
breadth of Dogsmead.
8. Minutes Farmer Dunk takes to walk
1 and 1/3 times around Dogsmead.
9. See 10 down.
10. 10 across times 9 down.
12. Sum of digits in second column plus one.
13. Length of tenure in years of Little Piggley
by the Dunks.
The Puzzle was invented when there were twenty shillings to the English pound.
One of the across numbers is the same as one of the down numbers.
One number in the puzzle (relating to something quite different)
happens to be
the area in Roods of the rectangular field known as Dogsmead.